Their relationship is often complicated as they are of different religions and cultural backgrounds. Guzmán is Christian, while Nadia is Muslim and her family is very traditional and strict. Nadia's father has difficulty accepting his children being in a relationship with non-Muslims. While Guzmán helps Nadia to become more confident and independent, Nadia helps Guzmán to be more genuine and considerate.
History[edit | edit source]
Season 1[edit | edit source]
In the beginning of Season 1, Guzmán and Lu are originally dating. Lu challenges Guzmán to seduce and humiliate Nadia in an attempt to prevent her from revealing to Azucena that Lu and Guzmán hooked up in the Las Encinas changing room. However, Nadia and Guzmán slowly develope feelings for eachother.
Season 2[edit | edit source]
In "59 hours missing", Guzmán and Nadia hook up. Later, Guzmán breaks up with Lu to prove his feelings for Nadia. After breaking up with Lu, Guzmán visits Nadia in Frutería Shanaa to reveal the news in hopes of starting a relationship with her. However, Nadia explains that a relationship would be too difficult due to their different religions and the views of Nadia's parents.
Season 3[edit | edit source]
In Season 3, Nadia meets Malick who she briefly dates. Nadia doesn't have strong feelings for Malick, but feels that he would be a more convenient option as he is also Muslim and her father, Yusef, approves of him. At a party, Nadia and Guzmán both admitt that they love eachother, but Nadia explains that love wasn't enough for them to be together.
In "Polo", Nadia realizes that she doesn't want to live a life designed by her parents anymore. Before leaving for Spain to study at Columbia University, she and Guzmán reconnect romantically and Nadia promises she would come back for him.
Timeline[edit | edit source]
- "Bienvenidos" (met)
- "36 hours missing" (kissed)
- "59 hours missing" (Nadia's sex dream, had sex)
- "Polo" (Nadia leaves Spain)
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Nadia: "Don't get excited, we are just friends."
- Guzmán: "I know. I don't... I don't want to be your friend."
- Nadia: "Well, you'll have to get used to not getting everything you want."
- Guzmán: "That's too bad. Because I've never wanted something so much."
- Nadia: "I bet I'm not the first girl you've said that to."
- Guzmán: "No. But you are the first one with whom I mean it." (Todo va a salir bien)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]