Their relationship is often complicated as they are of different religions and cultural backgrounds. Guzmán is Christian, while Nadia is Muslim and her family is very traditional and strict. Nadia's father has difficulty accepting his children being in a relationship with non-Muslims. While Guzmán helps Nadia to become more confident and independent, Nadia helps Guzmán to be more genuine and considerate.
In the beginning of Season 1, Guzmán and Lu are already a couple. Lu challenges Guzmán to seduce and humiliate Nadia in an attempt to prevent her from revealing to Azucena that Lu and Guzmán hooked up in the Las Encinas changing room. However, Nadia and Guzmán slowly develop genuine feelings for each other.
In "59 hours missing", Guzmán and Nadia hook up. Later, Guzmán breaks up with Lu to prove his feelings for Nadia. After breaking up with Lu, Guzmán visits Nadia in Frutería Shanaa to reveal the news in hopes of starting a relationship with her. However, Nadia explains that a relationship would be too difficult due to their different religions and the views of Nadia's parents.
In Season 3, Nadia meets Malick who she briefly dates. Nadia doesn't have strong feelings for Malick, but feels that he would be a more convenient option as he is also Muslim and her father, Yusef, approves of him. At a party, Nadia and Guzmán both admitt that they love each other, but Nadia explains that love isn't enough for them to be together.
In "Polo", Nadia realizes that she doesn't want to live a life designed by her parents anymore. Before leaving Spain to study at Columbia University, she and Guzmán reconnect romantically and Nadia promises she would come back for him, while Guzmán promises he will wait for her to return.
Elite Short Stories: Nadia Guzmán
Nadia returns to Spain to attend her sister, May's wedding. She initially doesn't want to see Guzmán, because she is worried that she won't be able to bring herself to return to New York after reuniting with him. However, she later changes her mind and meets him at Club Del Lago. During the date, Nadia insists on having a mediocre date, which irritates Guzmán. At the end of the series, Nadia is seen returning to New York.
The distance puts a strain on their relationship. Nadia and Guzmán break up.
- "Bienvenidos" (met)
- "36 hours missing" (kissed)
- "59 hours missing" (Nadia's sex dream, had sex)
- "Polo" (Nadia leaves Spain)
- "Five Seconds" (relationship paused for a week)
- "When Lies Dance with Temptation" (break up)
- Nadia: "Don't get excited, we are just friends."
- Guzmán: "I know. I don't... I don't want to be your friend."
- Nadia: "Well, you'll have to get used to not getting everything you want."
- Guzmán: "That's too bad. Because I've never wanted something so much."
- Nadia: "I bet I'm not the first girl you've said that to."
- Guzmán: "No. But you are the first one with whom I mean it." (Todo va a salir bien)