Their relationship is often complicated as they are of different religions. Guzmán is Christian, while Nadia is Muslim. Nadia's father has difficulty accepting his children being in a relationship with non-Muslims.
History[edit | edit source]
Season 1[edit | edit source]
In the beginning of Season 1, Guzmán and Lu were dating. Lu challenged Guzmán to seduce and humiliate Nadia in an attempt to prevent her from revealing to Azucena that Lu and Guzmán hooked up in the Las Encinas changing room. However, Nadia and Guzmán slowly developed feeling for each other.
Season 2[edit | edit source]
In 59 hours missing, Guzmán and Nadia hooked up. Later, Guzmán broke up with Lu. After breaking up with Lu, Guzmán visited Nadia in Frutería Shanaa to reveal the news in hopes of starting a relationship with her. However, Nadia claimed that a relationship would be too difficult due to their different religions and the views of Nadia's parents.
Season 3[edit | edit source]
In Season 3, Nadia briefly dated Malick. Nadia didn't have strong feelings for Malick, but felt that he was a more convenient option as he was also Muslim and her father, Yusef, approved of him. At a party, Nadia and Guzmán both admitted that they loved each other, but Nadia claimed that love wasn't enough for them to be together.
In Polo, Nadia left Spain to study at Columbia University.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Nadia: "Don't get excited, we are just friends."
- Guzmán: "I know. I don't... I don't want to be your friend."
- Nadia: "Well, you'll have to get used to not getting everything you want."
- Guzmán: "That's too bad. Because I've never wanted something so much."
- Nadia: "I bet I'm not the first girl you've said that to."
- Guzmán: "No. But you are the first one with whom I mean it." (Todo va a salir bien)