|“||What values would we be teaching our child if we got it by cheating?||”|
|— Martín, in "Todo va a salir bien"|
Throughout the series
In Season 1, it was revealed that Martín had been struggling to have a child with his wife for many years, and they were desperate to have a child. When Lu discovered that he was looking into older child adoption, she offered to use her father's power and connections as a Mexican ambassador to arrange for Martín to adopt a young child from Mexico in exchange for good grades. Later on, Marina used this bribery against him. When Martín discovered Marina's drug use, she threatened to expose his bribery if he revealed her drug use to Azucena. He ended up having second thoughts about accepting this bribe from Lu, but she claimed that the child was already on its way from Mexico to Spain. Later, following an altercation, this bribery was revealed to Azucena by Marina. Martín was immediately fired and Lu was suspended from school.
- Martín: "Nowadays, we use social networks to present ourselves to others. What we show, or what we hide, says a lot about who we are. And this is what the pair work I want you to do is about. I want you to create your partner's profile for a social network." (Deseo)
- He teaches an English Language and Literature class.
- He grades on a curve.
- He encourages students to take the social media project seriously.
- He occasionally teaches in English as Las Encinas is an international school.
- He was fired from Las Encinas for bribery. He was the first staff member to be fired.
|Past Main Characters|