When she was a kid, she ran away from home. Her mother and her brother, Patrick, got out at night and searched for her by car, but got into an accident that killed their mother and left Patrick into coma, from which he woke up, but still needed years to recover from.
Throughout the Series
Mencía shows up at Las Encinas and is immediately drawn to Rebeka because of her cool individualistic style. They become friends until Rebe realizes Mencía is daughter to the strict principal at the school and she immediately distances herself. Mencía tries to prove to Rebe and the others that she also disproves of her father and she tries to help the students with a plan to get him to change his mind about a placement exam for Samuel and Omar to stay in school.
Eventually, Mencía goes to drinks with Rebe and kisses her. Rebe seems confused but Mencía is persistent and messages her a lot until Rebe gives in and starts to date her. They seem in love and Mencía even meets Rebe's mom, who recognized her immediately as a prostitute at the nightclub she works at. Mencía was cut off from her father and met a man, Armando, who bought her drinks and gave her a hotel room. Mencía slept with him and he left her money, which led her to sleep with him again many times so she could earn cash. Armando even referred one of his friends to her so she could expand her clientele.
Mencía's father found the cash and demanded to know where she got it from. Frustrated, Mencía didn't tell her father and continued to sleep with men for money. Eventually, Rebe found out and it almost cost them their relationship but they stayed together.
To Be Added
To Be Added
Mencía is a beautiful girl with long, brown hair and bangs. Her style and occasional makeup are rather hipster, she likes to stand out and differ herself from her classy sister, Ari. She is often seen wearing Dr. Martens' shoes.
Quite the opposite of her older sister, Ari. If she is the absolute order, Mencía is chaotic, belligerent, self-destructive, reckless and is at odds with the rest of her family. But this is within the walls of her home, because outside of the house she has a sweetness and a light that is saved to give it to the people that she considers most special.
They start to date in the fourth season. Mencía gets attracted to Rebeka in the first episode of the fourth season and kisses her. While she was dating Rebeka, she gets herself in the messy world of drugs, money and prostitution through her abuser Armando which Rebeka helps her get out of. Mencía also butts heads with Rebe's mom, who sees her with Armando and blackmails her to stop dating her daughter but she still continues to date her and later she tells Rebeka about Sandra's drug-dealing business which Rebe thought she stopped doing which causes her to leave her house and go live with Mencía.
In the last episode of the fourth season, on Phillipe's New Years Eve party, Rebeka sees Armando and Mencía arguing, punches Armando and rescues Mencía after which they kiss.
- She is heavily inspired from Marina since they are both depicted as the rebellious girls who attend Las Encinas, they often disagree with their parents' decisions and tend to get themselves in trouble and fall in love with the 'bad boy/girl'. However, there are a few differences from their similarities.
- Mencía is unlabeled (but definitely into girls and guys) while Marina is straight.
- Their romantic interests also have different intentions with them. While Nano, who is a dangerous yet humble criminal, and Rebeka, the daughter of a drug dealer, genuinely care for Marina and Mencía, Armando, who is a wealthy businessman older than Mencía, only wants to take advantage of her and abuse her physically and mentally. He also introduces her to the dangerous world of prostitution even though she is still a minor.
- While Mencía managed to fix the broken relationship with her family, thanks to Guzmán, Marina died since her family was unable to be advised on how to reach out to her, even Guzmán, who refused to heed Samuel's attempts to help him out, and mainly due to the fact that he hadn't gone through said sense of guilt until after his sister's death.
- Mencía is orphan of a mother who died in a car accident. Therefore, her father Benjamín is widowed and with two biological siblings, Ari and Patrick. Marina, on the other hand, lived with both of her parents, who would be Laura and Ventura, and her brother Guzmán, who is adopted due to his own biological parents having died of drug overdoses when he was a kid.
- Out of her two siblings, Mencía interacts with Patrick the least. In the Short Stories it's revealed that the so little interaction they have is due to Patrick blaming her for their mother's death.
Elite Short Stories: Patrick
|Past Main Characters|
Azucena • Inspectora • Ventura • Laura • Teo • Beatriz • Yusef • Imán • Pilar • Begoña • Andrea • Antonio • Victoria • Sandra • Martín • Estefanía • Sebastián Abaga • Greta • Jess • Felipe • Hugo • Javier • Álex • Elodie